Guest article by Monika Alcobev
If you're looking for a refreshing cocktail to tantalize your tastebuds, explore the exciting world of unexpected fruit pairings in cocktails with Monika Alcobev. Here are some unconventional fruit pairings in cocktails to try.
Kiwi & Cuba
This delightful fusion brings together the tropical sweetness and tanginess of kiwi. The result is a refreshing and rejuvenating splash perfect for a sunny afternoon.
● 2 oz Viva El Ron White Rum
● 1/2 cup Kiwi chunks
● 1 oz Simple Syrup
● 1 oz Lime Juice
● Soda water
● In a sturdy glass, muddle the diced kiwis. Add 2 oz of Viva El Ron White Rum.
● Pour simple syrup, and lime juice, then fill the glass with ice.
● Fill the glass with ice cubes and top up the glass with soda water
● Give your cocktail a gentle stir and enjoy
Mexican Slice is a tropical twist. The sweet and tangy mango pairs perfectly with Mexico’s speciality Jose Cuervo, creating a balanced and refreshing cocktail.
● 2 oz Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila
● 1 oz Fresh Mango Puree
● 0.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
● 0.25 oz Agave Nectar
● In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 oz of Jose Cuervo Especial Silver Tequila, 1 oz Fresh Mango Puree 0.5 oz Fresh Lime Juice, 0.25 oz Agave Nectar
● Shake vigorously.
● Strain the mixture into the prepared glass.
● Garnish with a chilli powder rim and a slice of lime
Devil’s Berry Blast
The Blackberry and Basil Bourbon Smash is a delightful combination of sweet blackberries, fragrant basil, and the rich warmth of Lucifer’s Gold Whisky. It is a sophisticated yet approachable cocktail.
● 2 oz Lucifer’s Gold Whisky
● 6-8 Fresh Blackberries
● 4-6 Fresh Mint leaves
● 0.5 oz Simple Syrup
● 0.75 oz Fresh Lime Juice
● In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries and mint leaves.
● Add Lucifer’s Gold Whisky, simple syrup, lime juice, and ice to the shaker. Shake well.
● Strain the vibrant mixture into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
● Garnish your Devil’s Berry Blast with a plump blackberry and a sprig of fresh mint.
This refreshing cocktail combines the sweet tartness of pomegranate juice with the aromatic essence of fresh basil paired with the smooth Russian Standard Vodka. It is a delightful balance of fruity and herbal flavours, with a hint of lime for added zing
● 2 oz Russian Standard Vodka
● 1/2 oz Pomegranate Juice
● 4-5 fresh Basil Leaves
● 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
● 1/2 oz Lime Juice
● Muddle the basil leaves and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
● Add Russian Standard Vodka, pomegranate juice, and lime juice.
● Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
● Strain the luscious Pomegranate Punch Cocktail into a glass filled with fresh ice cubes.
● For an elegant touch, garnish your cocktail with a sprig of fresh basil and a lime wheel.
About the brand
Monika Alcobev is a leading importer and distributor of premium liquor in India. With a passion for bringing the world's most exceptional wines and spirits to India, the brand portfolio spans the spectrum of premium offerings, from luxurious boutique wines to the finest spirits and liqueurs.