A comprehensive guide to make your Valentine's Day a memorable one.
Valentine's Day is the one day that people choose to rub singleness into your face, however we all know better than for it to get the best of us. Regardless of if you're newly single or have been doing this solo thing for some time now, remember that V-day isn’t exclusively for couples. Contrary to popular belief, being single on Valentine's Day isn't something to be unhappy about. In fact, it's the time to celebrate self-love, and spend quality time with the people you love. Over the years the concept of Valentine's Day has seen many iterations - galentines day, a day to pamper yourself or even a day to spend with your friends and family. So if you're single this V-day, it's time to indulge in a day full of activities, pamper yourself and celebrate the fact that you are amazing! Here's a round-up the best ways to spend Valentine's Day this year. The best part? This year it's on a Sunday so that means everyone is home and free.
1. Shower your friends and family with thoughtful gifts. Fix a budget and be someone's secret admirer. Cause after all, we all LOVE getting presents. Keep it anonymous to build the mystery!
2. You may not have a partner, but let this be the day you learn to love yourself. Love yourself for who you are, what you've accomplished and appreciate yourself for how far you've come in life - be it at work or just your personal goals. Order a delicious meal for yourself, sip on some wine and set the mood for YOU.
3. Nothing says therapy like a shopping spree. Being financial independent is the best feeling, so let this be the day you splurge! Buy something for a family member and make their day special or just gift yourself a present you've had your eye on for a while.
4. All you ladies out there, let's admit life is boring without your girls. So how about a boozy Galentine's Day dinner or brunch with all your single ladies?
5. If seeing other people's #CoupleGoals pictures make you feel like your missing out on something, turn off your phone and head to the spa for a relaxing day. Unwind and feel rejuvenated to take the upcoming week head on!
6. Take the day to catch up on all the movies you missed out on or binge watch your favourite movie on repeat.
7. However, if you're in a mood to party throw an anti-Valentine's Day party. Whether you're single by choice or waiting for the right person, distracting your mind with a few close near and dear ones is a great idea. To amp up the fun, make it a games night.
8. Treat Valentine's Day just like any other day and begin your day with a kickass workout routine. Turn on the your workout session and amp up the music.
9. Your furry friends will always be loyal to you no matter what. Tuck into bed and spend the celebrate with your pet.
10. And for those of your who are a quest to find true love, set up a date on this very day just to add some fun. Who knows maybe this could be the day you find your one true love.
11. If you've been finding an excuse to get out of the city, this is the perfect time. Take the weekend off and go on a road trip!
12. Spend the day with your canvas as you express yourself using art.